KEEP YOUR HAIR SHINY & HEALTY
5 WAYS TO KEEP YOUR HAIR SHINY & HEALTHY
1) Eat a well balanced diet. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables as well as protien.
2) Wash your locks with warm water. Finish with a cool or tepid rinse of your hair. Hot water just like any other heat can dry your hair. The cool water will help lock down the cuticle layer of your hair locking in moisture.
3) Have regular trims. Visiting the salon every 6-8 weeks to trim off dry and splitting ends will encourage the hair to grow and feel healthy.
4)Use a thermal or heat protectant. Using this wonderful product will help protect your hair from the heat of your blow dryer and other styling tools.
5) Use shampoo and conditioner suited for you hair type. I know it seems like a given, but often people get sucked into buying matching shampoo and conditioner...it's ok to mix and match!! Think of it as a "custom prescription" for your hair.
5 WAYS TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR COLOR
1) Avoid shampoos with sulphates. Sulphates are the additives that make shampoo lather. They can prematurely remove the clor from your hair.
2) Avoid the sun. There are many styling products or leave in treatments with a UV protectant in them. You should protect your hair just like you protect your skin.
3) Heat & Volume. Heat and volumizing products do the same thing; they open up the cuticle laye of the hair allowing color to fade. Use the cool shot on your blow dryer to close down the cuticle and use volumizing products for color treated hair. they will lightly coat the hair strands instead of expanding them.
4) The 24 hour rule. Don't wash you rhair for 24 hours after you get it colored. This will allow the color to "set". After, try washing your hair only 2-3 times a week. I know....sometimes that can be HARD!!!
5)Wet hair doesn't absorb as much. If you are a swimmer, wet your hair down completely before getting in. Your hair absorbs less chlorine/saltwater when it is wet; allowing it not to get dried out and fade.
STYLE YOUR HAIR DAILY
5 TIPS FOR DAILY STYLING
1) Don't leave your hair wrapped in a towel. The cotton will cause friction on your stands making it frizzy. Instead squeeze out excess water, then let it air dry for 5-10 minutes before blowdrying.
2) Apply styling products 10 minutes before styling. This given your hair time to absorb them.
3) Cool Shot. Set your style by blasting it with cold air. Use the cool shot button on your blowdryer.
4) Tame flyways but spraying hairspray on a tooth brush and comb them down.
5) "Swoopy" bangs. If you want the swoopy side swept bangs but can't get them to "swoop"....blowdry them 80-85% to the opposite side you are wanting them to go. Then finish up drying them the desired direction. Ta Da!!! "swoopy"bangs!